You won't fail if you're not perfect. You'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Workout Watch

Okay time to update on my workout routine.  First off, I've been going to a cardio kickboxing class twice a week at the rec center for about a month and half, maybe two months now.  It's a 45 minute class and we do a little a bit of everything, not just kickboxing moves.  The instructor changes it up a bit for every class and some days are A LOT harder than others,but every class is hard and it's a really good workout.  Plus it's a great way for me to get out of the house for some productive "mommy time" and I like being able to change up my routine some.

I've actually been "changing things up" quite a bit and trying a variety of exercises to keep myself entertained LOL  Last week I realized that every time I go into the basement I actually walk right past this giant, dusty piece of workout equipment...an elliptical.  Yeah, we have an elliptical in our house LOL  My parents got it awhile ago, but it never gets used and was just sitting in the basement, SO I dusted it off, threw in some new batteries, and parked it in front of the TV in the basement, so now whenever America's Next Top Model or Teen Mom comes, I just jump on the elliptical and watch my shows.  It's actually a lot harder than it looks LOL  I'm still working on finding the right settings and making sure I keep my heartrate up high enough to truly be burning calories.  It's difficult because the machine gains momentum so you have to make sure you have the resistence set high enough that the machine isn't doing the work for you, which is what I've been working on and I think I may have found my niche.

Also last week, we (Josh and I) took the kiddos up to the rec center pool and I decided to try out swimming as an exercise.  Again, a lot harder than it looks.  When you're just in the pool for fun it's not all that bad because half the time you've got you feet on the bottom anyway, but I got in the far lane and did a bunch of laps back and forth the length of the pool, trying not to stop for too long on either end.  I did some like "breast stroke" style (I think that's what it's called) and then did some holding onto a board in the front so I really had to work my legs. Did that for about 45 minutes while Josh played with the kids in the toddler pool.  Tried to go for an hour, but little ones were growing restless so we had to skidaddle. LOL

And I've still been doing my Biggest Loser Cardio DVD, but I'm finding it difficult to get in a 45-55 minute workout with the kids during the day, so I think I'm going to start incorporating the 30 Day Shred back into my routine, which is what I thought would eventually happen since I love that thing and it's a great 20 minute workout.  What I'll probably do is just evaluate the "situation" and decide which one I think I have time for, so I'll be doing a little of both, but not everyday like I was when I did he initial 30 days.  I never realized how much my body actually benefits from rest days, so I'm going to keep up with that.  I've been doing some sort of workout (either DVD at home or class) five days a week and taking two rest days, on which I do the elliptical because it's so low impact that it still gives my legs, knees, joints a chance to recover.

Anyway, that's the update on my workout routine right now.  It's not really a routine per se since I'm doing a bit of everything, but it has become "routine" for me to exercise which was always the goal and will continue to be the goal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment