You won't fail if you're not perfect. You'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Workout Watch

Ok everyone this is going to be my new series where I post workout updates and I've also added another mini ticker to the side bar couting out how long working out has been a part of my life :)

So I started my Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD on Saturday.  It's a six week program consisting of three levels, but unlike the Shred where you go from one level to the next, with this DVD each level is an ADD ON, so you do Level 1 for 2 weeks, then ADD ON Level 2 for the next two weeks, and then ADD ON Level 3 for the last two weeks so that by the end you'll be doing a warm up, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, and a cool down.

I started with just Level 1 on Saturday, but I was doing this DVD last summer and didn't make the full two weeks, so I'm pretty familiar with Level 1 already, so today I added on Level 2.  Level 1 is about 30 minutes and is where the majority of the work comes in.  It's pretty much a circuit workout hitting every part of the body with several cardio bursts thrown in between the moves.  Level 2 and Level 3 are both high intensity circuits 10 minutes a piece.  I haven't seen Level 3 yet, but Level 2 is okay.  They have two people "hosting" it.  They're both past contestants, one guy and one chick and they have some sort of awkward sexual tension and they talk and flirt and hit and make fun of each other the whole time.  It's pretty much like watching two 12 year olds in gym class...

I'm not really into joking and talking during my workouts.  I like to get pretty serious and stay focused.  An occasional comment or two I'm okay with, but these two are at it the whole time, right up until the very last second.  Blah. LOL 

Anyway, I did Levels 1 and 2 today and it went great.  There are a lot of jumping jacks, simulated jump rope, and jump squats, and when I first did this DVD last year I couldn't do ANY of it.  I did the modified version of all those moves, but now I can every single bit of it and I'm super stoked.  Can only get better from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment