You won't fail if you're not perfect. You'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day.

Monday, August 15, 2011

My Fitness Pal








Today I joined My Fitness Pal.  I had heard great things about it and even had a link off to the right of my blog, but I'd never been to the site.  Well today I went there and signed up and I LOVE IT.  It's not only a personal weight loss aide, but also a weight loss community with message boards.  You can build your profile, add a picture, enter your weight goals, and record all your inspirations for wanting to get healthy. 

It also has a really neat calorie intake calculator that accounts for how much weight you'd like to lose, how quickly, and how much you are (or aren't) exercising, then gives you a daily calorie goal based off of all that info which is awesome.  You can track and record your food and exercise, weigh in, and update your "status" like on Facebook, which will be shared with your "friends" whom you can meet and talk to you in the message boards. 

It records everyday you log in and will update that as a status for you automically like, "Christine has logged on 14 days in a row", stuff like that.  Also, you can enter all your food for the day and it will add up your calories, fat, carbs, and protein and show you if you're under or above your goals for the day.  When you submit your daily food log it will do a status for you that says, "Christine completed her food log and was UNDER her calorie goal".  Neat :) 

Also, when you submit your daily food log at the bottom it will say something like, "If everyday was like today...you would weigh 201 lbs in 5 weeks".  That's really freakin' sweet if you ask me.

It also helps me to realize just how many calories are in some foods.  I thought that rice in general was fairly good for you, but upon entering it into my food log, I realized just how many calories are actually in rice or any "grain" really, so I'll really have to watch that...

Anyway, the site is AWESOME and is a great way to stay motivated.  I've only used it today and I got the "Christine was under her calorie goal" on my status, so I'm already looking forward to seeing the same thing tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment