You won't fail if you're not perfect. You'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thoughts for the Week




This week I had a few different thoughts...

Thought One:  I absolutely have to start exercising.  I despise exercising and always have.  Anything physical or athletic has never come easy for me.  I remember taking "P.E. classes" in middle and high school and always coming in last.  My senior year I was lapped running the mile around the track.  Lapped.  Yes lapped.  As in I was running and someone ahead of me passed me and became an entire lap ahead of me.  I remember being the very last person on the track, the whole class panting at the "finish line", and the teacher literally checking his watch because our period was almost over.  Yes true story.  Embarrassing, but true story.  I believe it took me 17 minutes to run that mile...

I currently have three exercise DVDs in my possession, all by The Biggest Loser.  I have Bootcamp, Weight Loss Yoga, and Cardio Max Weight Loss.  All three DVDs have three "stages".  The first two weeks you do the beginner stage, then you add the intermediate, then you add the skilled by week 4, so that within 6 weeks you're now doing all three sets.  The Bootcamp one I did pretty religiously for awhile, but only was on the first stage.  It's a combination of some cardio and weight training and is instructed by Bob whom I love.  Now the Cardio Max I've only ever done twice.  The first time I almost gave up half way through, but DIDN'T and I pushed through.  The second time was a tad bit easier, but still super hard.  The Yoga I love.  Still has three stages like the other two and I've only ever done the first stage, but it was fairly easy.  I could still feel a burn, but I've done yoga before so I actually knew what I was doing which made it fun.

My plan is to do either the Bootcamp or the Cardio Max (preferrably alternating) in the mornings, then do the Yoga in the evenings, since I actually find it very relaxing.  The kids actual do pretty well while I'm exercising and will even ask, "Mommy you doing you eckey-sizes?"  The first set on the Bootcamp and the Cardio only takes about 30 minutes, so my kids are pretty good about keeping themselves entertained for that period of time.  Then of course I'm a sticky sweaty mess and need time to shower and change which is a whole different story...

So again, "Thought One" is workout.

Thought Two:  If I'm going to be working out I'd like to begin taking my measurements.  I've done this one other time, but only lasted two weeks dieting so I was only able to take my beginning measurements and my two week measurements.  I saw a huge difference which made me feel awesome, so I'm not quite sure how I feel off the wagon that particular time... Doesn't matter now though because I'm back on! 

At any rate, when you're working out a lot of the time people see more of a difference in their measurements than their weight, which brings me to....

Thought Three:  I may begin weighing myself every TWO weeks instead of every week.  When you're working out you tend to gain muscle which weighs more than fat.  I always thought this was just an excuse people used when they weren't losing weight, but it's actually too, so if I'm going to be working out then I'm not going to see the scale numbers change as quickly, and I don't want to weigh myself too often and get discouraged.  I still like the idea of weekly weigh-ins though, so "Thought Three" I'll still need to think about some more.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for this week. Tomorrow I'm supposed to weigh myself and considering my rough weekend I'm not expecting much change, but I am hoping to at least not have gained any weight, so we'll see what tomorrow holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment