You won't fail if you're not perfect. You'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Today I had...

Total Calories- 1055

Breakfast- Got busy and accidentally skipped breakfast...
Morning snack- Imitation crab meat (around 11am)
Lunch- Extra lean pork loin (leftover) wrap
Afternoon snack- Popcorn
Dinner- Small serving of spaghetti w/meat sauce

Notes: 
I really hate skipping breakfast, but I got busy cleaning and giving the kids a morning bath and before I knew it it was 10:45am, so I snacked on a few pieces of crab meat.  It's strange to eat crab meat because it's one of the foods I LOVED "before" (as in...before dieting) so it's weird to be able to eat a "before" food while "dieting" (I don't really like to think of it as that, but I'm still adjusting...).  Anyway, aside from being processed the crab meat isn't all that bad for you, in an appropriate serving of course.  One-half cup has 80 calories, no fat, and 14g carbs.  The only "bad" part is it's a little high in sodium (450mg in 1/2 c), so again, must watch my portions on this.  It's not something I'll indulge in all the time, but it's actually a fairly healthy snack for every now and then.

For lunch I wrapped some of the pork loin (about 4oz) in a tortilla with a little A1 steak sauce.  It was tasty, but I got full quickly and only ate half of it.  I wasn't feeling very well this morning for some reason and had little appetite which was probably because I skipped breakfast... *slaps wrist*

I had a bit of popcorn with the kids this afternoon which is another "before" that's nice to be able to still eat.  Smells great and really nips a "snack food" craving right in the bud.

And for dinner I had a small serving of spaghetti.  I really need to look into some of the healthier pastas.  I used regular spaghetti noodles which are really high calories.  210 calories in 2 oz uncooked noodles.  Yikes...So I'll be looking into finding a new pasta soon.  I also made a meat sauce with lean ground beef and some sausage that I made sure to drain well and hopefully got rid of some the fat.  I knew this particular spaghetti wasn't the healthiest I could make it, so I had a small serving and managed to stay under my calorie goal for the day!  Yippee!

1 comment:

  1. Whenever you say *slaps wrist* I always think of those snap bracelets from back in the day... Do they still have those? I'll have to see if I can track down a horrible pink and purple zebra print for you! LOL This day didn't sound 'diety' at all... makes me hungry! lol Congrats on getting past that pesky pound! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete