You won't fail if you're not perfect. You'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day.

Friday, September 2, 2011

30DS: Day 5

Done!


Holy crap.  Today was a killer.  Don't know if I wasn't quite warmed up enough or what, but the whole first circuit I really struggled today.  Got through jumping jacks just fine, but jump rope was a killer.  Sheesh.  I picked it up in the second and third circuit though except for those damn bicycle crunches at the very end.  I freakin' HATE those.  Jillian say it works "all your abdominal muscle groups at once" (blah blah blah).  I say, "EF THIS!"  It's hard as hell for somethone with NO ab muscles whatsoever.  I might have to start doing a round of those every night along with some push ups (did more of those today! Woop Woop!)

Anyway, since I just finished Day 5 I'm officially half way through Level 1.  You're supposed to do 10 days on each level OR move on whenever you're ready, so I'm really going to try to perfect those bicycle crunches AND work harder on my push ups over the next 5 days so I can move on in time and feel good about where I'm at!

5 days down, 25 days to go!  Come on Day 6!

(Here's a little video demonstrating these effin bicycle crunches...)



1 comment:

  1. i couldnt work "past the knot in your stomach" the first time i did the shred early in June. but this time around bicycle crunches are my favorite part of the whole first level. I can feel it working all of the ab muscles and i can do it the full tiem without quitting and it feels great! i think the more you push through the easier it becomes.

    ReplyDelete